In Genk, the hospital Ziekenhuis Oost-Limburg (ZOL) and the general practitioners/family doctors organise together a 'Test Drive-in'. There, you can have a coronary test taken (after referral by your general practitioner/family doctor). The test is free of charge in this case.
How does it work?
- Are you coming back from an orange or red zone? Check it out on https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl
- Contact your general practitioner/family doctor in Belgium for a coronary test request form.
- Call ZOL for an appointment at the Test Drive-in: T +32 (0)89 32 50 50
- Come alone.
- Only -18-year-olds or people with walking difficulties are allowed to bring one companion.
- ! Bring these documents with you: identity card + application form
- No application form = no test!
- Where? ZOL, Schiepse Bos 6 (follow the signs '2130 TEST DRIVE-IN')
- Come alone.
- Sign up at the Test Drive-in at the agreed time.
- After the test, you will remain in quarantine. Follow the instructions from the government.
- Curious about the result?
- 24 hours after your test, your result will be available from your doctor.
- Can't you wait for the result from the doctor? Then go to www.zol.be/coronavirus/resultaat-covid-test and follow the instructions.
- Attention, this is only possible for adults with a Belgian identity card.
- Follow the further instructions of your doctor.
All info: www.zol.be/coronavirus/test-drive-in
Frequently asked questions about the ZOL Test Drive-in
Do I have to pay for the corona test?
- Are you coming back from an orange or red zone?
- You do not have to pay for the test in the ZOL if you have an application form from your family doctor.
- Did you get a QR code from the government? If so, please first contact your general practitioner/family doctor for an application form. In that case, you do not have to pay for the test in ZOL.
- Do you travel to a country where the government requires screening?
- Then you do not need an application form and you can make an appointment at ZOL.
- In that case, the test will cost 66.81 euros.
- You can only pay electronically (bancontact). Cash payment is not possible!
- If you do not show up? Then you will be charged 25 euros.
Where can I find the Test Drive-in?
- At the ZOL hospital. Just follow the signs '2130 TEST DRIVE-IN'.
- Parking is provided at the Test Drive-in itself. Do not park on the visitor parking.
- The Corona Consult on the Onderwijslaan is NOT open anymore.
Can I bring someone with me when I get tested?
- No, you cannot. You have to come alone.
- In two cases, one companion is allowed:
- Under 18-year-olds
- People who have difficulties walking
Can I just drop by the Test Drive-in?
- No, you can't!
- You always need an appointment. Make an appointment by phone at ZOL on the number T +32 (0)89 32 50 50.
- You always need an application form. You will receive it (on paper or digitally) via your general practitioner.
- Don't forget your identity card!
Can I contact any doctor for an application form?
- No, only a doctor accredited in Belgium can draw up an application form. A doctor abroad cannot do this.